Today I Am

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Prince Charming...and a whole lot more ...



I have neglected my blog since my return But i have good reason. Too much has happened and it became too difficult to keep blogging and i didn't want people finding out through a blog rather than from me...


so, February 11, 2007, i met my Prince charming! I had quite come to conclusion before i embarked on my trip that I would never get married and would just enjoy life with one lover after another periodically. That is not to say that I didn't have a picture of my perfect partner in my mind and heart, just concluded that I was asking for too much and being a jaded New Yorker of sorts, it wouldn't happen to me. Well, I ate my words!


February 11, my friend -A- had invited me to join him on a day trip on a boat (launch) outside of Dhaka. After much deliberation, I agreed to go. It was an interesting mix of 9 people. Most were ex-pats, all were fascinating in their own right. We all hit it off and had a great time. One of the people on trip was A's cousin...Cal – or, he was introduced to me in his Bengali name – Shumon. It wasn't love at first sight by any means. But as the day went on, I was more and more drawn to conversation with him. Long story short, by February 14 – a few short days later, Cal and i had concluded that we were done and we were each others perfect counterparts! (for the longer story of our whirlwind romance, we are creating a site..will have it up soon :)


It felt as if the spirits had been looking over my shoulder carefully noting all my desires for a perfect mate for myself and when i was good and ready, presented him – Cal – right in front of me. All that was missing was a big red bow!!


On March 11, few days before my return to the US, Cal had proposed to me..and I, of course, accepted. And then I proposed to him!! - Yes, he accepted... :)


So, that is the latest and greatest news of my life right now...but it's also only the beginning...



2 comments:

  1. Hey Rakhi, it's Emma (from SAWCC and NYBAP). Your blog is looking great. And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soo happy for you ish :) Congratulations to both of you! We have to meet up before you leave again!

    ReplyDelete