Today I Am

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Recipe for Fried Eggplant

This eggplant dish is one of my favorites.

Spices needed

Salt
Turmeric
Oil

optional
onion/garlic/cumin/coriander paste

Cut the eggplant into thick slices about 1/2 in thick. Make paste with few drops of water, turmeric, salt (add the optional paste if you want) and mix. Take the eggplant slices and coat both sides well. Heat up the oil in a fry pan. Once hot, place the eggplant slices in the oil. Turn down the heat and let it cook. Turning over midway to cook the other side. Its done when the eggplant is soft and falling apart in the middle a bit.

serve warm with rice or roti. its delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I remember this! It is yummy!

    What coincidental timing to post recipes - about the same time I was craving some beef curry.

    ReplyDelete