Today I Am

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Sooner than expected

I had expected the whole citizenship process to take upto a year - from my brother's experience - but turns out that USCIS has become increasingly efficient. Who would have figured that!! I applied for citizenship in April (finally after delaying for years). Everyone advised it would be 6 mons before they call me for finger printing - mmm - they called me in 1.5 mons later!! Then I was advised it would most likely take until February 2008 to get called in for an interview/oath - so i had made plans accordingly. I came to Dhaka and expected to return to NY by mid-Jan before my 6 mon was up and stay until I was finished with the interview process and catch my friends wedding too.

All plans out the window - got a letter asking me to an interview on Dec. 19 - thats 8 mons for those keeping track! So, I am back in NY for couple weeks in Dec to become an Am citizen =) A lot sooner than the 1 yr that was predicted/advised!

No comments:

Post a Comment