Today I Am

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

12-28-06 in Bangalore (now known as Bengaluru)

I am in Malleswaram now. Navin and Nishu picked me up at the airport at 5:00 am. I was getting very excited! The air was spring cool and as Navin drove...I started recognizing everything. Felt like i had never left. I remebered MG Road, Chowdiah and all! Coolest was I still remembered how to get to Didi and Dada's house!!

As i entered the colony, all the memories rushed back...Diwali with sparklers in the court yard, rangoli on the steps...ahh..nostalgic =) I went straight to my old room. Everything was exactly as I remembered it! By 8:30 am, Didi woke up and made her delicious tea and some breakfast. Then I took a short nap and went out with Navin. We went to eat lunch...yummy desi food!!!! and Indian ice-cream...vanilla here tastes so different! Then we drove around a bit in town and jet lag hit me. Plan was I was going back to the house to take a nap and then we would go out at night for drinks and checkout the tattoo parlors for my next tat. He also drops the news that he got engaged to his girlfriend and to be married in May!! So very happy for him but pissed cause he waited so long to tell me!

I never woke up...I slept from 5:00pm to 7:00am!!!

Finally wokeup, Didi made some tea, dosa and yummy yummy chutney. Dada and I did the Soduko and the boys woke up.

its 12:00pm now...should start getting ready to leave for Goa!!

2 comments:

  1. Ishy -- I am soooo jealous you get to eat authentic Indian food!! Have extra helpings for me :-)

    - Preety

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally figured out this comments thing. I love the writing....lots of fun to read. =)

    Miss you lots - Niyati

    ReplyDelete