Today I Am

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Monday, December 18, 2006

Gloomy morning

Siona Benjamin, Finding Home #81 (Fereshteh), 2006
Thats Siona with 2 faces and me coming in from the side--inspired by our work Rang de Nila

This morning was pretty difficult to wake up. No sleep from the last few days because of the shoot and body just really exhausted. I think my body is just revolting from not having its own bed to sleep on for past month! I had to make a trip into New York to say more goodbyes to friends before I leave. Thought of just using the food poisoning as an excuse to get out of it all. But then I really wanted to see Siona (check out her links on the left) before I took off for 3 months. She is like the big sister I never had. I pulled myself out of bed and made the train…I will be late to meet her but at least I will get to see her for a little bit.

…met up with Siona. Was absolutely wonderful catching up with her. I forgot it was Chanukkhah and did not get her or Rachel (her daughter) a present L She gave me a beautiful set of earrings…well two sets. And a calendar with her works in it. We may be doing Rang de Nila at Drew Univ where she will be teaching next summer. Possibly at Ithaca as well. She is so brilliantly artistic…in the course of us catching up she came up with a new additions to Rang de Nila. Excited about it and looking forward to seeing if it works out! I have gripes about being an artist and not being paid for the work…more about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment