Today I Am

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Friday, January 5, 2007

Goa Part 3 - the best fried fish ever

Not much else or anything exciting to write about in Goa. I spent most of the time sleeping, eating, sun bathing and reading. Much to the dismay of my friends--who were excited to have a New York Party girl among them!

I can't party like I used to--I kept falling asleep at any party we went to! Didn't drink a whole lot either. Just spent a lot of alone time on the beach reflecting on my past year and what I plan to do for the future year.

Rang in the New Year at a Vanilla lounge to awesome music and random group of strangers. Lots of awesome fireworks and sparklers. I missed my friends dearly. I called my brother, mom, friends and everyone else just to hear familiar voices. Next morning I called my family in Dhaka to wish Eid Mubarak. I missed them a lot too and wish could have been there to celebrate.

On the 3rd, the guys I was with decide to visit their family temples. Mangeshi and the ShantaDurga. It was an hours ride from Candolim. Hoped on back of the bikes and the 6 of us headed off. I was really happy to have made the trip...It was so peaceful. Even made my insides still for a lil bit.

We had lunch at a lil canteen by the side of the temple. We ordered non-veg--which means fish only in this case. It came with 2 chapattis, a kokam curry (red juicy liquid thats spicy), some veggeis, fish dal and 2 fried small fish. We also ordered sides of fried sear fish. My Goodness------it was THE BEST meal!! I can still taste the dal and rice and fish! I ate no much I thought I would explode!! It was a home cooked meal. The aunty was sitting and cooking fresh food for us...YUM Yum yum!! I think the guys reading this will add their own comment so check it out in the bottom!

Then we rode off to the Shanta Durga Temple. Again, so beautiful and serene. I can see why people sit in the temple all day. It brings about a certain calmness and feel rejuvenated and ready to face the hard cold world again. Outside the temple, the guys stopped to have a special drink. It was an interesting concoction. It was soda in a glass bottle with a marble inside the neck and when the shop keeper popped the cork it made an awesome "POP...fizzzzzzzzzz" sound! I felt like a kid again and wanted to hear it over and over again! He then mixed fresh lime juice, salt and chat masala to the mix. Ahhhh...such a tasty refreshing drink! Going to try and make it at home some day!!

We headed back to Candolim and started to get ready for our last day at Goa. Which was a lot of hopping around. It was kind of cool...we started at a place called 9 Bar...a Huge outdoor pit only playing trance music. Everyone was High and on something or the other. Bongs were being passed around. I was content with my Kingfisher beer and cigarettes under a coconut tree watching the sexy young shirtless men jumping up and down!

Then we headed to Zanzibar-- a really rockin shack on the beach. I was again content with my Bacardi Breezer, cigarettes and added the Greek Chicken kabobs being grilled on the beach. Moist,juicy and full of flavor! So good! Had a nice helping of it! Then chilled on a chair between two shacks and enjoyed the pulsating beats, the white surf hitting the sand and the full moon above. Ah! Perfect! I dozed off and three of us decided to head home...but not before I had shwarma sandwich at the next shack we passed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment