Today I Am

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Hotel Moonlight

Its not some shady motel I checked into! It’s actually an awesome Hole in the Wall restaurant in Bangalore that serves the best ‘muslim’ fare. Grilled, roasted chicken…Rows of whole bright red hens are grilled in a rotisserie and legs of lamb just spinning on open flames and dripping with its own fat.

I wanted to take the family out to dinner instead we picked up food at Hotel Moonlight. One whole juicy roasted hen, 4 aromatic chicken biryanis, 2 mouth-watering chicken curries and 5 moist and flaky coin parothas (they are about double the size of a silver dollar). Cost of whole meal: Rs. 350. ($1 = Rs. 44). You do the math!

Desert: Sweet Paans! Yum!

Paan: crushed betel nuts and stuff I don’t know names of all wrapped inside a betel leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment