Today I Am

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

My First major piece of Art!!

The other day I went to a crafts exhibition and my goodness, the place was filled with wonderful knickknacks to decorate your home with! I wish I was wealthy so I could send trunk loads of stuff back to decorate my own non-existent home!

I am not by any means an impulse buyer. But, I saw this piece and all reasoning went out the door and I had to have it! The piece is about 3ft tall and 2 ft wide and entirely made of wood. Its so gorgeous! It looks like a painting – a delicate woman reaching up to pluck flowers from a tree and placing them in her pallu which leaves her chest uncovered (she is wearing a sari blouse!) – so sensual and feminine. The art is that whole thing is made with different colors and types of woods placed together to create this image. Its 3D and each piece individually carved and fitted. Like her face has to two types of wood – one light and other dark for shadows and hair of a darker wood. I will take a pic and place soon to truly appreciate it!

Problem: how do I transport it to Dhaka then to NY w/o spending a small fortune?!

No comments:

Post a Comment